- About Us
- Aftermarket Services
- Support and Literature
- News and Events
- Contact Us
|Model 280 one gallon
Wayne has been shaping the retail and fleet fueling industry since we designed our first pump in 1891. We were known as the Wayne Oil Tank Company back then, and from the very beginning we were developing a reputation for quality. In fact, this inaugural product won the distinction “The Best Self Measuring Oil Pump” at the Columbian Exposition in Chicago just two years later. Once the motor vehicle entered the scene, our purpose and mission was solidified – to create a reliable, accurate way for motorists to refuel cars.
After the introduction of our first gasoline pump in 1907, the company grew quickly over the following years. We opened a plant in Fort Wayne, Indiana in 1910, and in 1918, introduced the first “visible” pump so motorists could see and control the amount of gas going into their tanks. It was one of the first of many industry-changing products. Wayne would go on to introduce the mechanical computing dispenser, the blending pump, the electronic dispenser and the first Customer Activated Terminal (CAT), a product that heralded the age of self service and pay-at-the-pump. As the company grew in product development and innovation, Wayne also grew in size and global scope. We began expanding with the opening of our Canada office in 1919 and opened locations in England, Brazil, Australia, South Africa, Germany, Italy, Sweden, and China between then and 2004.
Throughout the years, Wayne also acquired and partnered with several successful companies to bring our customers more integrated, ground-breaking solutions. After a merger with Dresser Industries in 1968, we were poised to meet the massive market need for fuel dispensers in response to the advent of lead-free gasoline. Shortly after, we opened our Austin, Texas world headquarters, where we continue our deeply-rooted legacy through a commitment to ongoing industry leadership and innovation.